What supplements should I take if I'm on a slow-carb diet?

Tim Ferriss
Fitness

I suggest potassium, magnesium, and calcium. This diet will cause you to lose excess water, and electrolytes can go along with it.

Potassium can be consumed during meals by using a potassium-enriched salt like "Lite Salt" or, my preference, eating extra guacamole with Mexican meals. Avocadoes, the main ingredient in guacamole, contain 60% more potassium than bananas. Avocadoes also contain 75% insoluble fiber, which will help keep you regular. If you prefer pills, 99- milligram tablets with meals will do the trick.

Magnesium and calcium are easiest to consume in pill form, and 500 milligrams of magnesium taken prior to bed will also improve sleep.

The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

Thinner, bigger, faster, stronger... which 150 pages will you read?Is it possible to: Reach your genetic potential in 6 months? Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours? Lose more fat...

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Unapproved Prescription Drugs Sold in Supplements
When major league baseball suspended Alex Rodriguez for using performance-enhancing steroids, they also cleaned up clubhouses across the country. Too ...
What are tribulus terrestris' side effects?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
So what is the trouble with tribulus terrestris? Hard to say, and that may be the biggest trouble...
Who should not take larch arabinogalactan?
Larch arabinogalactan have been approved for use in foods by the FDA. Research suggests that larch a...
What Are the Benefits of Consuming Polyglycoplex (PGX)?