What should I look for when buying honey?

Recent studies show that lots of honey on the market is ultra-filtered, meaning all of the pollen is taken out. You want pollen in your honey because it is a great source of antioxidants.

Make sure to get all the healing benefits of honey:
  • The ingredients list should read only honey (no sugar syrup, corn syrup, or rice syrup).
  • Organic honey is the safest bet to ensure you’re getting pure honey with pollen.
  • Buy honey at natural food stores and local farmers markets because it comes straight from the hive.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Unapproved Prescription Drugs Sold in Supplements
When major league baseball suspended Alex Rodriguez for using performance-enhancing steroids, they also cleaned up clubhouses across the country. Too ...
Is larch arabinogalactan safe?
Larch arabinogalactan is a polysaccharide that's found in nature in the cell walls of plants. As suc...
How should I take daily vitamin D supplements if I'm an older adult?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
The best way to take vitamin D has not yet been determined. Because it is a fat-soluble vitamin, tak...
How Should Triphala Be Used As Part of a Weight-Loss Plan?