What is Triphala made of?

Triphala is composed of three “fruits” that act synergistically together. The three fruits are Amalaki, Haritaki, and Bibhitaki. Amalaki works as a natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that removes excess heat from the body. It also helps to stimulate the production of red blood cells, enhance cellular regeneration, increase lean body mass, strengthen bones, and maintain healthy blood sugar level.

Haritaki supports the body’s natural cleansing process by gently removing toxins that accumulate in the colon. It is also considered to increase energy, intelligence, and mental attention.

Bibhitaki is the third ingredient in Triphala. In Sanskrit, Bibhitaki means “one who keep you away from disease.” Bibhitaki is particularly effective in reducing the accumulation of fat and fluids in the body. Each one of these herbal preparations has tremendous value individually. However, when they are combined in the form of Triphala they work as an even more powerful tool to detoxify and strengthen the body; helping you to achieve your ideal weight.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

News: More Than 700 Supplements Tainted With Prescription Drugs
Half of all US adults take dietary supplements, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, believing these pills, powders and drinks...
Should I let my doctor know I’m taking a medical nutrition supplement?
Vandana  R. ShethVandana R. Sheth
Absolutely! In fact, it is better to first discuss your interest in taking a medical nutrition suppl...
Who should not take Multitrace 5 Concentrate?
People with kidney problems and premature babies should not have Multitrace 5 Concentrate, as they m...
Get Smart About Herbal Supplements
Get Smart About Herbal Supplements