What is sweetened condensed milk?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

Sweetened condensed milk results from the removal of about 60 percent of the water from a mixture of milk (whole and nonfat pasteurized, homogenized milks), along with safe and suitable nutritive carbohydrate sweeteners, such as sucrose, at levels of about 40 to 45 percent of the condensed milk, to prevent spoilage.

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

What's a Detox Supplement—and Does It Work?
“Toxins.” These shapeless, typically unnamed evils are said to exist everywhere and make us sick, giving rise to a booming industry of detox supplemen...
How does nettle work?
Harris H. McIlwain, MDHarris H. McIlwain, MD
Nettle contains a variety of natural chemicals that may help to lower pain, swelling, and inflammati...
What are the health benefits of larch arabinogalactan?
Larch arabinogalactan helps optimize the body's natural defenses, keeping it strong and protected. L...
What Should I Beware of Before Buying Vitamins and Supplements?