Why is Bifidobacterium used?

Bifidobacterium is a supplement that may be used to help calm the alternating bouts of constipation and diarrhea in people who have irritable bowel syndrome or ulcerative colitis. It may also be helpful in restoring a balance of bacteria in the intestines of people who have taken antibiotics. It is used by some people who have problems digesting milk and foods containing milk. Bifidobacterium may be used to help stop diarrhea in babies and travelers. It is also thought to be helpful for people who have radiation sickness, children who have skin conditions and possibly for prevention of kidney stones.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Don’t Take Supplements Without Doing This First
Think “all natural” means “perfectly safe”? That’s not always the case, at least when it comes to vitamins and supplements. In 2015, a study by the Ce...
What supplements should women over 40 take?
Women over 40 need to increase their supplement intake to make up for common deficiencies such as lo...
Does chocolate have any nutritional value?
Julie DanilukJulie Daniluk
Five healthful reasons to enjoy chocolate! It has to be at least 70% dark chocolate to count. Note: ...
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?