What are the health benefits of prebiotics?

Prebiotics -- certain non-digestible carbohydrates -- stimulate the growth of probiotics. Probiotics are "good bacteria" that live in the body. Typically, yogurt contains both prebiotics and probiotics. Probiotics have shown promise for treating diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome and preventing vaginal yeast infections and urinary tract infections. They may also boost immunity to colds and flu.
Tim Ferriss
Fitness
Though the research is preliminary, introducing pre-and probiotics together in the diet could have beneficial effects on allergies, aging, obesity, and a range of diseases from (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) to type 2 diabetes.
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

Thinner, bigger, faster, stronger... which 150 pages will you read?Is it possible to: Reach your genetic potential in 6 months? Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours? Lose more fat...

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Don’t Take Supplements Without Doing This First
Think “all natural” means “perfectly safe”? That’s not always the case, at least when it comes to vitamins and supplements. In 2015, a study by the Ce...
What precautions are advised for eating cheese?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Even though many people find milk and cheeses hard to digest, there are variations among these foods...
Is larch arabinogalactan good for my health?
Larch arabinogalactan supports your immune system. A recent study found that users of larch arabinog...
What Should I Beware of Before Buying Vitamins and Supplements?