What are some of the best nutritional supplements?

Below displays the most common supplement programs used by exercisers and people concerned with maintaining and improving their health. However, at a minimum, everyone should take a daily multivitamin and mineral for health and a before and after workout formula when exercising.

Health Supplements:
  • Targeted multivitamin & mineral formula (1-2 tabs daily)
  • Super Omega 3 Fish Oil (1 tab daily when not consuming fish)
  • Surperior Antioxidant (1 tab daily)
  • Super Calcium: use if you do not meet the daily needs of calcium (~1000-1200 mgs) and vitamin D (1000IU) from sunlight, multivitamin and food intake.
Training Supplements:
AminoBoostXXL (before and after training/games only)
  • Take 2 scoops 10-30 min before workout (may add a Gatorade-type product)
  • Take 2 scoops immediately following workout
Pre/Post Workout Shake (before and after training/games)
  • Take 2 scoops within the same window of time as the AminoBoostXXL: 10-30 min before workout or use favorite dotFIT® bar for convenience in place of the shake
  • Take 2 scoops 20min post workout (or 1 bar if more convenient)
  • Use anytime as a meal if necessary
If you are looking for health and fitness support through supplements and want full product disclosure (rationale for use, safety, contraindications, etc.) you can click the link below to the dotFIT Supplement Reference Guide (SRG) that is used by all our sport/health professionals and published by our Scientific Advisory Board and R&D team. The first section will give you all you need regarding recommendation and manufacturing processes. dotFIT is a research and development company for sports, fitness and health professionals; therefore all products must pass our evidence-based advisory and legal committee rules, including third-party testing procedures. Individual products can be found in respective sections.

http://dietarysupport.dotfit.com/sites/63/files/misc/SRG_2nd_Edition_2011_Sharecare.pdf
Dr. Oz lists the top 5 supplements everyone should take.
  • Baby Aspirin. Though not technically a supplement, a new study shows aspirin lowers your risk for almost every type of cancer. Dr. Oz recommends taking 2 baby aspirin a day.
  • Vitamin D. This vitamin plays a key role in preventing colon cancer, uterine cancer, breast cancer and endometrial cancer. To get your daily dose of vitamin D spend 15 minutes in the sun or take 1,000 IUs a day.
  • Multivitamin. These superstars help boost energy and may prevent memory loss. Look for brands that provide 100% of the daily value of essential nutrients; avoid mega-doses.
  • Calcium. This supplement can increase bone strength and help prevent osteoporosis. Dr. Oz recommends a calcium cocktail daily: 600mg calcium, 400mg magnesium and 1,000 IUs of vitamin D.
  • Omega-3. Omega-3 fatty acids help reduce inflammation, which can lead to a heart attack or stroke. Make sure your omega-3 supplement contains 600mg of DHA, and take it daily.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

What's a Detox Supplement—and Does It Work?
“Toxins.” These shapeless, typically unnamed evils are said to exist everywhere and make us sick, giving rise to a booming industry of detox supplemen...
What supplements can increase the effectiveness of statins?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
Some supplements that help statins include: Phytosterols. Extracted from vegetable oils, phytos...
Is Hydroxycut approved by the FDA?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
If there are so many concerns about Hydroxycut, how did it ever get on the market? That is the wa...
Should I Tell My Doctor About the Supplements I'm Taking?