What are light ice creams?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
Reduced-fat, low-fat, light, and fat-free ice creams are varieties of ice creams products with reduced fat that have entered the marketplace. Reduced-fat ice cream contains 25 percent less fat than the original product. Low-fat ice cream contains 3 grams or less of fat per serving. Light ice cream is reduced in fat by at least 50 percent or more and fat-free ice cream contains less than 0.5 gram of fat.

Sherbet contains not less than 1 percent or more than 2 percent milk fat and 2 to 5 percent total milk solids along with fruit or other flavors. This product contains more sugar than ice cream.
Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Take This Supplement to Boost Your Brain Health
“To catch a fish, think like a fish.” That’s an aphorism repeated over and over in NY Times opinion pieces, YouTube videos and online seminars for ent...
What supplements can help keep my brain active?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
As you age, the brain gets less active. We've seen this in a study with 8,000 patients. You don't wa...
What supplements should women over 40 take?
Women over 40 need to increase their supplement intake to make up for common deficiencies such as lo...
What Should I Beware of Before Buying Vitamins and Supplements?