What supplements help reduce inflammation in the arteries?

Supplements that help reduce inflammation in the arteries may be able to help reduce the risk of heart disease. Research has shown that these anti-inflammatory supplements may benefit your heart's health:
  • fish oil
  • vitamin C
  • vitamin E
  • resveratrol
  • turmeric (curcumin)
Supplements that seem to reduce inflammation include: nettle leaf extract (900 milligrams), bromelain (2,000 milligrams), ginger (900 milligrams), and curcumin (1,200 milligrams). There's not a lot of human data on this point, but there is enough science to suggest that they can be helpful.
You: Staying Young: The Owner's Manual for Extending Your Warranty

International bestselling authors of YOU: The Owner's Manual and YOU: On a Diet give you all the tools and know-how to stay young and defy the ageing process. Drawing lively parallels between your...

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Don’t Take Supplements Without Doing This First
Think “all natural” means “perfectly safe”? That’s not always the case, at least when it comes to vitamins and supplements. In 2015, a study by the Ce...
How can I take spirulina?
dotFITdotFIT
Spirulina is found in capsules and taken orally. One gram daily for 12 days has been used in the pas...
What supplements strengthen hair?
YouBeautyYouBeauty
The experts looked at five popular vitamin supplements to see what works for your hair's health and ...
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?