What supplements can I take daily to promote good health?

Joane Goodroe
Nursing
This is Dr. Oz’s list of critical vitamins that every woman should be taking. Visit his website for more information:  http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/critical-vitamins-every-woman  

A multivitamin - Multivitamins fulfill your nutritional needs for the day. Take half in the morning and half at night. Multivitamins contain:
  • Vitamin A - critical for healthy vision and skin
  • Vitamin B - a metabolism booster
  • Vitamin C - keeps your immune system strong, especially important during cold and flu season.
  • Vitamin D - promotes healthy bones (and your immune system)
  • Vitamin E - for healthy development of muscles and brain function
Additional Vitamin D - Dr. Oz recommends taking additional vitamin D

Omega 3s - To keep your brain, heart and eyes healthy, take Omega 3s every day. For women, the daily dose of Omega 3s is 1000 mg; for men, the dosage is 600 mg.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Unapproved Prescription Drugs Sold in Supplements
When major league baseball suspended Alex Rodriguez for using performance-enhancing steroids, they also cleaned up clubhouses across the country. Too ...
Is larch arabinogalactan vegetarian?
Yes, larch arabinogalactan is extracted from the Larch tree and as such it doesn’t contain animal pr...
What herbs may boost libido?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
For over 2000 years, traditional Chinese medicine has used the herb Yin Yang Huo in herbal formulas ...
Should I Tell My Doctor About the Supplements I'm Taking?