Who should take coenzyme Q10?

While Coenzyme Q10 is generally very safe, we don't know if it's safe in pregnancy.  If you are pregnant or may become pregnant, or if you are breastfeeding, talk to your doctor about what is best for you. If you are diabetic, your doctor may give you special instructions and carefully monitor you to ensure that you do not develop hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar, which can be life-threatening.  Also, if you take warfarin, make sure your doctor knows so that you can be monitored to make sure the warfarin is working as it should.  Both too much and too little warfarin can be dangerous.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Unapproved Prescription Drugs Sold in Supplements
When major league baseball suspended Alex Rodriguez for using performance-enhancing steroids, they also cleaned up clubhouses across the country. Too ...
How does yogurt help to lower blood cholesterol levels?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
The blood cholesterol-lowering effect of fermented milk was demonstrated more than 30 years ago duri...
Are there supplements that help with both fiber intake and immune health?
Since 70% of your immune system is in your gut, a healthy dietary system is important to overall imm...
What Should I Beware of Before Buying Vitamins and Supplements?