If you take certain medications for diabetes, consult your doctor about the best dosage of coenzyme Q10 for you. Coenzyme Q10 may lower your blood sugar, so taking it in combination with insulin or other diabetes drugs may cause hypoglycemia, a dangerous condition resulting from a blood sugar level that is too low. Hypoglycemia may end in coma or death.
Coenzyme Q10 may or may not harm unborn or breastfeeding babies. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or may become pregnant while on coenzyme Q10.
- Q Which kind of supplement is CoQ10?
- Q Can coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) help treat muscle pain from statins?
- Q Can ubiquinol help reduce symptoms of dry mouth?
- Q Are coenzyme Q10 supplements safe for pregnant or nursing women?
- Q Does Co-Q10 really work?
- Q Can coenzyme Q10 help my oral health or diabetes?