If you take certain medications for diabetes, consult your doctor about the best dosage of coenzyme Q10 for you. Coenzyme Q10 may lower your blood sugar, so taking it in combination with insulin or other diabetes drugs may cause hypoglycemia, a dangerous condition resulting from a blood sugar level that is too low. Hypoglycemia may end in coma or death.
Coenzyme Q10 may or may not harm unborn or breastfeeding babies. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or may become pregnant while on coenzyme Q10.
- Q What dosage of coensyme Q10 (CoQ10) is typically used for children?
- Q Does coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) help with coenzyme Q10 deficiency?
- Q How should I take coenzyme Q10?
- Q Do I need coenzyme Q10 supplements if I am taking statins?
- Q Can ubiquinol help reduce symptoms of dry mouth?
- Q How does coenzyme Q10 help keep my heart healthy?