If you take certain medications for diabetes, consult your doctor about the best dosage of coenzyme Q10 for you. Coenzyme Q10 may lower your blood sugar, so taking it in combination with insulin or other diabetes drugs may cause hypoglycemia, a dangerous condition resulting from a blood sugar level that is too low. Hypoglycemia may end in coma or death.
Coenzyme Q10 may or may not harm unborn or breastfeeding babies. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or may become pregnant while on coenzyme Q10.
- Q How can coenzyme Q10 increase muscle performance?
- Q How much coenzyme Q10 do I need to help prevent migraines?
- Q What is coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) used for?
- Q Are there any side effects of coenzyme Q10?
- Q How does coenzyme Q10 help keep my heart healthy?
- Q Can ubiquinol help reduce symptoms of dry mouth?