If you take certain medications for diabetes, consult your doctor about the best dosage of coenzyme Q10 for you. Coenzyme Q10 may lower your blood sugar, so taking it in combination with insulin or other diabetes drugs may cause hypoglycemia, a dangerous condition resulting from a blood sugar level that is too low. Hypoglycemia may end in coma or death.
Coenzyme Q10 may or may not harm unborn or breastfeeding babies. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or may become pregnant while on coenzyme Q10.
- Q Is CoQ10 safe to take when pregnant?
- Q Does Co-Q10 really work?
- Q Who should not take coenzyme Q10?
- Q Why might I feel worse after switching to a new brand of coenzyme Q10?
- Q Can coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) help lower high blood pressure (hypertension)?
- Q Can ubiquinol help reduce symptoms of dry mouth?