If you take certain medications for diabetes, consult your doctor about the best dosage of coenzyme Q10 for you. Coenzyme Q10 may lower your blood sugar, so taking it in combination with insulin or other diabetes drugs may cause hypoglycemia, a dangerous condition resulting from a blood sugar level that is too low. Hypoglycemia may end in coma or death.
Coenzyme Q10 may or may not harm unborn or breastfeeding babies. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or may become pregnant while on coenzyme Q10.
- Q What dosage of coensyme Q10 (CoQ10) is typically used for children?
- Q Are there any side effects of coenzyme Q10?
- Q What should I avoid while taking coenzyme Q10?
- Q Does coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) help with coenzyme Q10 deficiency?
- Q What does coenzyme Q10 do?
- Q Does Co-Q10 really work?