If you take certain medications for diabetes, consult your doctor about the best dosage of coenzyme Q10 for you. Coenzyme Q10 may lower your blood sugar, so taking it in combination with insulin or other diabetes drugs may cause hypoglycemia, a dangerous condition resulting from a blood sugar level that is too low. Hypoglycemia may end in coma or death.
Coenzyme Q10 may or may not harm unborn or breastfeeding babies. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or may become pregnant while on coenzyme Q10.
- Q How much coenzyme Q10 do I need to help prevent migraines?
- Q What is coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)?
- Q How should I take coenzyme Q10?
- Q Can coenzyme Q10 help my oral health or diabetes?
- Q What is coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) used for?
- Q How does coenzyme Q10 interact with other medications and foods?