What are the risks of taking coenzyme Q10?

If you take certain medications for diabetes, consult your doctor about the best dosage of coenzyme Q10 for you. Coenzyme Q10 may lower your blood sugar, so taking it in combination with insulin or other diabetes drugs may cause hypoglycemia, a dangerous condition resulting from a blood sugar level that is too low. Hypoglycemia may end in coma or death.

Coenzyme Q10 may or may not harm unborn or breastfeeding babies. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or may become pregnant while on coenzyme Q10.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

The Importance of Supplement Safety
The Importance of Supplement Safety
In 2002, the two-year-old daughter of Jude Law attended a children’s party at London’s Soho House Club. It was reported that while there, she swallowe...
How safe is it to take dexatrim?
MediGuardMediGuard
Dexatrim is a dietary supplement meant to assist with weight loss. Based on limited information from...
Will my child like the taste of larch arabinogalactan?
Larch arabinogalactan is a natural immune support supplement and is available at your local drug sto...
How Do I Correct Hormonal Deficiencies with Nutritional Supplements?