How can probiotics reduce GI problems?

Probiotics like lactobacillus GG or Bifidus Regularis repopulate your small intestines' bacteria with healthful bacteria, especially after a course of antibiotics. The good bacteria calm down the dangerous ones—meaning that they can help you have less GI irritation, gas, and less risks of an inflammatory uncivil war breaking out.
YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting -- and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers...

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Should You Take Dietary Supplements?
Should You Take Dietary Supplements?
In Rachel Khong’s 2017 novel Goodbye, Vitamin, the protagonist, Ruth, records what her aging father does: “Today you held your open hand out and I sho...
What is bee pollen?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Bee pollen comes from the male germ cell of flowering plants. As the honeybee travels from flower to...
Are dietary supplements safe?
Medical City DallasMedical City Dallas
The problem with dietary supplements is that they’re not all regulated by the FDA, so you don’t know...
How Can I Be Sure the Supplements I Buy Are Safe?