What is the maximum daily dosage for coenzyme Q10?

The maximum daily dose for this supplement is thought to be 3 grams, or 3000 mg, but studies suggest that doses over 2400 mg confer no greater benefit. Such high doses may be unnecessary anyway, and have been found to cause gastrointestinal symptoms in some patients. Also, it is not known if coenzyme Q10 supplements are safe to take while pregnant or breastfeeding. Consult with your doctor regarding the dose of coenzyme Q10 that is right for treating your condition.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

News: More Than 700 Supplements Tainted With Prescription Drugs
Half of all US adults take dietary supplements, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, believing these pills, powders and drinks...
What supplements should I take if I'm on a slow-carb diet?
Tim FerrissTim Ferriss
I suggest potassium, magnesium, and calcium. This diet will cause you to lose excess water, and elec...
What are coconut oil's side effects?
Speaking about theories, the theory of effortless weight loss sounds marvelous. But is coconut oil t...
Is There Scientific Evidence to Support Nutritional Supplementation?