Should I let my doctor know I am taking Spirulina?

You should let your doctor know if you are taking Spirulina. Since it can interact with other medications and nutritional supplements, your doctor will need to know that you are on it in case he wants to prescribe additional medications. Additionally, your doctor should be aware of you taking Spirulina in case you are having any side effects that would otherwise go unexplained.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

What's a Detox Supplement—and Does It Work?
“Toxins.” These shapeless, typically unnamed evils are said to exist everywhere and make us sick, giving rise to a booming industry of detox supplemen...
How effective is evening primrose oil?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Evening primrose oil increases the levels of an essential fatty acid in the body, which would be low...
What are the best food oils available in the U.S.?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Although far from ideal, the best oils commonly available in the U.S. are the cold-pressed, unrefine...
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?