What should I know before taking saccharomyces cerevisiae?

Before taking saccharomyces cerevisiae, you should know that it can interact with certain medications. When taken with diabetes medications, it may cause hypoglycemia. When taken with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or meperidine (Demerol), a severe increase in blood pressure may occur that could lead to heart attack or stroke. You should also know that saccharomyces cerevisiae can increase your risk for yeast infections if you're prone to developing them. Before taking saccharomyces cerevisiae, consult with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

What's a Detox Supplement—and Does It Work?
“Toxins.” These shapeless, typically unnamed evils are said to exist everywhere and make us sick, giving rise to a booming industry of detox supplemen...
Where can you find larch arabinogalactan in nature?
Larch arabinogalactan is found in the wood of Larch trees. Larch trees are deciduous conifer trees t...
What is a common dosage for ASU?
Grant Cooper, MDGrant Cooper, MD
The most common dosage of ASU is 300 mg, once per day. No additional benefit has been seen with high...
How Can I Be Sure the Supplements I Buy Are Safe?