Is silymarin safe during pregnancy?

Silymarin, the active compound in milk thistle, is generally considered safe. It has been given to pregnant women in clinical studies without any evidence of a negative reaction. But the research is very limited. Until more is known, it's best to avoid taking silymarin while you are pregnant.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

4 Exercise Supplements That Just Don’t Work—and 4 That Really Do
Athletes are always looking for ways to move faster, become stronger and have more energy. Many view supplements as a way to give them the edge needed...
What are the potential health benefits of royal jelly?
Kate GeaganKate Geagan
There’s certainly some encouraging science about the health benefits of royal jelly. One of the stro...
Why is wheat the best suited for bread making?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
One of the key reasons why wheat is best suited for bread making in comparison to other grains is it...
How Can I Shop for Reputable Brands of Vitamins and Supplements?