Is it safe to give my baby honey?

Never give honey to children younger than twelve months due to the risk of infant botulism. Infant botulism is an illness caused by certain bacteria spores found in soil, air, dust, and some foods, including honey. While rare (about a hundred cases per year in the U.S.), left untreated it can cause paralysis or fatality in infants, whose gastrointestinal tracts aren’t fully developed. Older children and adults don’t have problems with honey.

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.
The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

What's a Detox Supplement—and Does It Work?
“Toxins.” These shapeless, typically unnamed evils are said to exist everywhere and make us sick, giving rise to a booming industry of detox supplemen...
What supplements can I take daily to promote good health?
Joane GoodroeJoane Goodroe
This is Dr. Oz’s list of critical vitamins that every woman should be taking. Visit his website for ...
What dosage of larch arabinogalactan is typically used for adults?
No adverse effects related to fetal development during pregnancy or breastfeeding have been reported...
Is There Scientific Evidence to Support Nutritional Supplementation?