What is the nutritional value of the Jerusalem artichoke?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
The Jerusalem artichoke provides a rich source of minerals, such as iron, copper, potassium, molybdenum, and magnesium. They also provide an array of B vitamins, being an excellent source of thiamin and pantothenic acid, a very good source of niacin, and a good source of vitamin B6 and riboflavin. Freshly harvested, raw Jerusalem artichokes contain 114 calories in a 1-cup serving. As their starch converts to sugar with increased storage time, this calorie count increases slightly.
Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

What's a Detox Supplement—and Does It Work?
“Toxins.” These shapeless, typically unnamed evils are said to exist everywhere and make us sick, giving rise to a booming industry of detox supplemen...
What is spirulina?
dotFITdotFIT
It is used orally for weight loss, oral leukoplakia (patches on the tongue, in the mouth, or on the ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking Spirulina?
You should let your doctor know if you are taking Spirulina. Since it can interact with other me...
Are Nutritional Supplement Labels Accurate?