If I have good eating habits, do I need to take supplements?

Even if you have good eating habits, you may need to take supplements. A well-rounded diet may still not cover all of your nutritional bases, so a multivitamin can fill in those gaps. For instance, it's difficult for some people to get enough vitamin D from diet alone.

What’s more, the American Heart Association recommends eating two servings of fatty fish a week for the omega-3 content. If you don't always measure up, a supplement may be beneficial. Ask your doctor about whether supplements are a good idea for you.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

4 Exercise Supplements That Just Don’t Work—and 4 That Really Do
Athletes are always looking for ways to move faster, become stronger and have more energy. Many view supplements as a way to give them the edge needed...
What is propolis?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Propolis is the resinous substance collected by bees from the leaf buds and barks of trees, especial...
How do I know if I should take a dietary supplement?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
Simply put, supplements should be used to treat an existing deficiency or prevent one from developin...
What Are the Benefits of Consuming Polyglycoplex (PGX)?