How can I take Lactobacillus acidophilus?

You should take Lactobacillus acidophilus exactly as instructed on the package label. It can be taken in tablet, capsule or granule form. You also can get Lactobacillus acidophilus in yogurt containing this live bacteria. Some practitioners suggest that taking divided dosages of one to 10 billion live Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria is a satisfactory and healthy amount. If you take more, you may experience some stomach discomfort. You should consult with your doctor before taking Lactobacillus acidophilus or if you experience any side effects.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Take This Supplement to Boost Your Brain Health
“To catch a fish, think like a fish.” That’s an aphorism repeated over and over in NY Times opinion pieces, YouTube videos and online seminars for ent...
When should I take supplements?
Consider supplements as a smart choice if they have the right doses of nutrients and if it's hard to...
What type of supplements should an elderly person take daily?
Jamie McGinnJamie McGinn
Older adults may need a variety of nutritional supplements depending on their medical conditions. It...
How Can I Shop for Reputable Brands of Vitamins and Supplements?