How can I save money on dietary supplements?

Supplements are one of the best things you can do to improve your mind, mood and energy, but can be pricey, especially at specialty health stores. Online purchases may look like a good deal but not necessarily once you factor in shipping and handling costs.

Buying supplements at big box stores can save you at least half of what you might pay at specialty health stores. When purchasing, look for the cheapest product you can find from a big name manufacturer you trust. And remember, you don't have to go wild by purchasing tons of supplements. Be sure to buy a multivitamin and an omega-3 supplement to boost your mood; always check for 100% daily allowance on the label.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

The Importance of Supplement Safety
The Importance of Supplement Safety
In 2002, the two-year-old daughter of Jude Law attended a children’s party at London’s Soho House Club. It was reported that while there, she swallowe...
What are the different types of mushrooms available?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Although numerous types of mushrooms provide wonderful tastes, textures, and healthful properties, t...
When is the best time to take supplements?
Supplements can be useful, says integrative medicine expert and Dr. Oz Show guest Dr. Andrew Wei...
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?