How can pycnogenol help me look younger?

You can tuck and lift your sagging skin without surgery simply by taking a supplement called pycnogenol.

Here’s how it works: Hyaluronic acid is the primary agent made in our bodies that keeps skin tight and wrinkle-free by retaining the moisture in your skin. Pycnogenol, which is derived from pine bark, contains incredible antioxidant and anti-inflammatory powers and has been shown to boost women’s levels of the enzyme that generates hyaluronic acid by a whopping 44%. That means that in about 12 weeks of taking pycnogenol, you may see smoother skin, a reduction in fine lines, and more supple skin.

Pycnogenol has no known interactions with herbs or supplements, but in rare cases can cause headaches, digestive issues, or dizziness. It’s been shown to be safe at high dosages even for long periods of time. Take 25 mg three times a day with liquid and a meal. Additionally, some over-the-counter creams now contain pycnogenol, which you can apply directly to your face, morning and night. Use about a dime-size amount for glowing, younger-looking skin.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Take This Supplement to Boost Your Brain Health
“To catch a fish, think like a fish.” That’s an aphorism repeated over and over in NY Times opinion pieces, YouTube videos and online seminars for ent...
Who decided to classify herbs as dietary supplements?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The Dietary Supplement Heath and Education Act of 1994 classified herbs as dietary supplements. T...
Can coconut oil improve your health?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
From the island idyll, way up upon a palm, the simple coconut may be hard to reach, harder to open, ...
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?
How Do I Know If I Need a Supplement?