How do I know if I have a good quality fish oil?

Fish oil supplements are regulated as dietary supplements by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). That means the manufacturer is responsible for making sure the product is safe. Since fish often contain contaminants such as mercury or PCBs, fish oil may contain these contaminants too. Many manufacturers use special techniques to remove such contaminants from their fish oil supplements. Check the label, and buy from a reputable manufacturer.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

4 Exercise Supplements That Just Don’t Work—and 4 That Really Do
Athletes are always looking for ways to move faster, become stronger and have more energy. Many view supplements as a way to give them the edge needed...
What are the side effects of Multitrace 5 Concentrate?
The side effects of Multitrace 5 Concentrate all have to do with the toxicity of the elements contai...
Do children need larch arabinogalactan supplements?
Children may benefit as much as adults from larch arabinogalactan supplementation. Larch arabinogala...
What Are the Benefits of Consuming Polyglycoplex (PGX)?