How does Bifidobacterium work?

When Bifidobacterium is introduced into the intestines, it appears to reduce the number of harmful bacteria that cause problems such as diarrhea. Bifidobacterium has a calming effect that tends to help balance the types of bacteria living in the intestines and restore health to the intestines.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Unapproved Prescription Drugs Sold in Supplements
When major league baseball suspended Alex Rodriguez for using performance-enhancing steroids, they also cleaned up clubhouses across the country. Too ...
What is the difference between OTC supplements and drugs?
One major difference between over-the-counter supplements and drugs is how they're regulated and...
What safety concerns are associated with using wheat?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Although whole wheat can be very nutritious, some individuals do not react well to gluten, a compone...
How Can I Be Sure the Supplements I Buy Are Safe?