How can I use probiotics to prevent inflammation?

As we age, our bodies experience cellular inflammation, sapping us of energy and making us gain weight. Simply adding a probiotic puree to your diet will battle inflammation and leave you recharged and refreshed. Use any pureed fruit or vegetable, like an applesauce or a guacamole, as a base. Then, stir in a tablespoon of probiotics per cup of puree. Available at health food stores, probiotics are healthy bacteria that improve the lining of your gut. They allow you to get more nutrients from your food and reduce inflammation, giving you more energy from what you eat.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

4 Exercise Supplements That Just Don’t Work—and 4 That Really Do
Athletes are always looking for ways to move faster, become stronger and have more energy. Many view supplements as a way to give them the edge needed...
What kinds of tea are available on the market?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
More than 150 cultivars, or types, of Camellia sinensis appear in the commercial marketplace. Not su...
Should I tell my cardiologist that I take a CoQ10 supplement?
Dr. Richard T. Leshner, DODr. Richard T. Leshner, DO
You should tell your cardiologist that you take a coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) supplement. CoQ10 may be used...
Are supplements that claim they block fat and develop lean muscle safe?