Can I give silymarin to my child?

It is unknown whether silymarin is safe in children, so it is best not to give your child this supplement. The main reason people take silymarin, which is derived from the milk thistle plant, is for liver concerns. If you think your child has a liver problem, talk to a pediatrician.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Don’t Take Supplements Without Doing This First
Think “all natural” means “perfectly safe”? That’s not always the case, at least when it comes to vitamins and supplements. In 2015, a study by the Ce...
How do milk products help reduce the risk of cancer?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Several studies have suggested that the consumption of high levels of cultured milk products, such a...
How is green tea different from black tea?
Both green and black teas are derived from the same plant, Camellia sinensis, a three-foot shrub tha...
Is There Scientific Evidence to Support Nutritional Supplementation?