What does it mean if Bifidobacterium is rated possibly effective?

"Possibly effective" is a rating on a scale of the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. This rating indicates that Bifidobacterium has been suggested in recognized scientific references as being helpful for certain conditions. In order to achieve the "possibly effective" rating, Bifidobacterium had to have been shown to be effective in at least one research study conducted on humans.

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

4 Exercise Supplements That Just Don’t Work—and 4 That Really Do
Athletes are always looking for ways to move faster, become stronger and have more energy. Many view supplements as a way to give them the edge needed...
What are some common oat products?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Common oat products include:Oat groats: Unflattened kernels good as breakfast cereals or in stuffing...
What is the nutritional value of tea?
Both green and black teas contain relatively high amounts of vitamins C, D, and K and riboflavin, as...
How Can I Shop for Reputable Brands of Vitamins and Supplements?