What are the best food oils available in the U.S.?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

Although far from ideal, the best oils commonly available in the U.S. are the cold-pressed, unrefined oils. However, do not expect these oils to taste as "clean" as the highly processed commercial varieties you may be accustomed to, as the cold-pressed unrefined oils still retain much of their original flavor.

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Don’t Take Supplements Without Doing This First
Think “all natural” means “perfectly safe”? That’s not always the case, at least when it comes to vitamins and supplements. In 2015, a study by the Ce...
How should Triphala be used as part of a weight-loss plan?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
Triphala is a combination of three berries, a blend of herbs that turns on all of your body's natura...
What is O3FO?
MediGuardMediGuard
O3FO is an abbreviation for Omega-3 Fish Oils, a dietary supplement.
What Should I Beware of Before Buying Vitamins and Supplements?