What is acidified sour half-and-half?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine
Acidified sour half-and-half results from the souring of half-and-half with safe and suitable acidifiers, with or without the addition of lactic acid-producing bacteria. Federal standards (milk fat content) for this product are the same as those for sour half-and-half. Acidified sour half-and-half is similar to buttermilk.
Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Dietary Supplements

Unapproved Prescription Drugs Sold in Supplements
When major league baseball suspended Alex Rodriguez for using performance-enhancing steroids, they also cleaned up clubhouses across the country. Too ...
How can I ensure the quality of my vitamins or supplements?
Tod Cooperman, MDTod Cooperman, MD
To ensure the quality of your vitamins or supplements, there is a home test you can try, you can loo...
Do I need nutrient supplements to maintain heart health?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
In general, a well-balanced diet that limits fats and carbohydrates -- meaning a diet of fruits and ...
What Are the Benefits of Consuming Polyglycoplex (PGX)?