What problems are associated with postoperative malnutrition?

Problems associated with postoperative malnutrition (malnutrition resulting from inadequate calorie intake during the postoperative period) include the following:
  • high morbidity and mortality
  • delayed recovery
  • increased hospital stay
  • early readmission
  • decreased quality of life
  • increased health care costs.

Continue Learning about Diet & Nutrition

Say "No" to One-Night Hamburger Stands
Say "No" to One-Night Hamburger Stands
Just one trip through the drive-through won't hurt . . . right? True, one fast-food meal may not immediately go to your hips. But it will hit your bl...
What is a regular diet?
Heather R. MangieriHeather R. Mangieri
A regular diet is one that does not include any dietary restrictions. It should include all of the c...
9 Healthy Snacks You Can Prep in 5 Minutes or Less
9 Healthy Snacks You Can Prep in 5 Minutes or Less9 Healthy Snacks You Can Prep in 5 Minutes or Less9 Healthy Snacks You Can Prep in 5 Minutes or Less9 Healthy Snacks You Can Prep in 5 Minutes or Less
Swap snacks from the vending machine for these healthy, energy-filled options.
What Are Healthy Ways to Include Meat in My Diet?