What foods should I limit while on a regular diet?

Heather R. Mangieri

A regular diet means that there are no dietary restrictions but it is still important to follow a healthy diet. That means limiting total fat to less than 30% of total calories, limiting saturated fat to less than 10% of total calories and limiting trans fat to less than 1% of total calories.

A regular healthy diet should also limit sugar to no more than 100 calories/day (about 6 tsp.) for woman and 150 calories/day (about 9 tsp.) for men.

Lastly, limit sodium to 2300 mg/day.

Continue Learning about Diet & Nutrition

The Health Benefits of Watermelon
The Health Benefits of Watermelon
The World Championship of Watermelon-Seed Spitting is held at the Annual Watermelon Thump in Luling, TX, the world record is 68 feet 9 1/8 inches! Cle...
How can I change my diet to help reduce acne?
Kulreet Chaudhary, MDKulreet Chaudhary, MD
From an ayurvedic perspective, the health of your skin is directly related to your diet. In fact, on...
7 Ways to Spruce Up Your Salad
7 Ways to Spruce Up Your Salad7 Ways to Spruce Up Your Salad7 Ways to Spruce Up Your Salad7 Ways to Spruce Up Your Salad
Kale isn't the only good-for-you green.
The Dirtiest Summer Fruit
The Dirtiest Summer Fruit