What does the word breakfast mean?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
The word "breakfast" is derived from the phrase "breaking the fast." We fast while we sleep, and breaking that fast should make breakfast the most joyful meal of the day, as we have lived through the night and are beginning a new day. Breakfast is an opportunity for a new beginning that sets the stage and sets the table for the day.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Diet & Nutrition

The Magic of Mushrooms
The Magic of Mushrooms
Do you have mushrooms in your diet? If not, you should consider it. Fungi are packed with real power -- they can grow your body’s immune strength and...
What does eating the rainbow mean?
Crystal RobertsonCrystal Robertson
Eating the rainbow means using many colors of food to guide healthy eating. In this video, Crystal R...
5 Healthy Swaps for Your Favorite Summer Treats
5 Healthy Swaps for Your Favorite Summer Treats5 Healthy Swaps for Your Favorite Summer Treats5 Healthy Swaps for Your Favorite Summer Treats5 Healthy Swaps for Your Favorite Summer Treats
Ice cream, fruit pie and sweet tea all made the list.
Are Greek Yogurt Products Healthy?
Are Greek Yogurt Products Healthy?