What does the word breakfast mean?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
The word "breakfast" is derived from the phrase "breaking the fast." We fast while we sleep, and breaking that fast should make breakfast the most joyful meal of the day, as we have lived through the night and are beginning a new day. Breakfast is an opportunity for a new beginning that sets the stage and sets the table for the day.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Diet & Nutrition