What does the word breakfast mean?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
The word "breakfast" is derived from the phrase "breaking the fast." We fast while we sleep, and breaking that fast should make breakfast the most joyful meal of the day, as we have lived through the night and are beginning a new day. Breakfast is an opportunity for a new beginning that sets the stage and sets the table for the day.
Alter Your Life: Overbooked? Overworked? Overwhelmed?

Themes like “I just don’t have time” and “I’m exhausted” rule our lives today. We are overbooked, overworked and overwhelmed. Just getting done what must be done fills our days. The...

Continue Learning about Diet & Nutrition

Make Your Own Pumpkin Spice Latte
Make Your Own Pumpkin Spice Latte
One of the earliest recorded recipes for “Pumpion Pye” comes from The Compleat Cook, published in 1671. It calls for “about a half a pound of Pumpion,...
How can small changes make a big difference in my diet?
Stefanie Sacks, MSStefanie Sacks, MS
Small changes can make a big difference in your diet; moderation may be better for you than eliminat...
8 Simple Ways to Get Sugar Out of Your Life
8 Simple Ways to Get Sugar Out of Your Life8 Simple Ways to Get Sugar Out of Your Life8 Simple Ways to Get Sugar Out of Your Life8 Simple Ways to Get Sugar Out of Your Life
Sugar doesn’t just add on pounds—it’s seriously hazardous to your health. 
The Debate on Dairy
The Debate on Dairy