What should I do if I think I might have malnutrition?

Call your doctor right away if you believe you have malnutrition. (S)he will need to evaluate you and determine if you can be treated in a hospital or as an outpatient (at home and in clinic). You may be given supplements, such as Ensure or Boost, to make sure you are getting enough calories, protein, fats, and carbohydrates that your body needs.

Continue Learning about Diet & Nutrition

Eat Like a Viking to Live Longer
Eat Like a Viking to Live Longer
You've heard about the Mediterranean diet. Now try the Viking diet. Recent research suggests that it, too, could help you live a much longer life. So...
Can my diet affect my sleep?
You may not think what happens at your dinner table has much to do with your nights of tossing a...
7 Sneaky Cooking Swaps to Try Tonight
7 Sneaky Cooking Swaps to Try Tonight7 Sneaky Cooking Swaps to Try Tonight7 Sneaky Cooking Swaps to Try Tonight7 Sneaky Cooking Swaps to Try Tonight
There’s some good news—you don’t have to forgo your favorite foods to shed pounds.
The Healthiest Ways to Cook Red Meat
The Healthiest Ways to Cook Red Meat