When was the original apple tree thought to have been grown?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

The original apple tree is thought to have grown in eastern Europe and southwestern Asia but has now spread to most temperature regions of the world. There are now over 7,000 varieties of apples in the market as a result of cultivation and hybridization. The apple holds a special place in many historical and mythical realms, beginning with the biblical story of Adam and Eve. In Norse mythology, apples were believed to keep people young forever.

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Diet & Nutrition

5 Key Nutrients and How to Get Enough of Them
In a society that’s become so focused on losing weight, it’s almost habit to check nutrition labels in search of a single number: Calories. Calorie co...
How can I gain weight?
Stefanie Sacks, MSStefanie Sacks, MS
Gaining weight takes different forms for everyone. I like to advise people to choose nutritionally a...
5 Fun Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Fix
5 Fun Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Fix5 Fun Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Fix5 Fun Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Fix5 Fun Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Fix
Pumpkin has some incredible health benefits. Here's how to get your fill.
3 Ways to Eat Healthy on a Budget
3 Ways to Eat Healthy on a Budget