Q

Diet & Nutrition

How does what I eat affect my body?

• A , Family Medicine, answered
    Food is not just calories -- it’s actually instructions. This has been a big discovery in the last 20-30 years. Food is information. Literally every bite tells your body what to do: to gain or lose weight or to turn on or off different hormones, like insulin, which can make huge differences in the way it affects your neurotransmitters, your brain chemistry, and even your genes. Even the bacteria in your gut (your gut flora) are affected by what you eat. So, we send our body messages, literally, with what we’re eating.
    1 person found this helpful.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
What is Greek yogurt?