How can I stay focused on my healthy nutrition goals?

Heather R. Mangieri
The most important step is to make sure that the goals are realistic and manageable in the short term. Basically, that means you are setting small goals that can be accomplished within a week or two. Setting 1 small goal each week and rewarding yourself when you accomplish it sets you up for success rather than failure. For example, if you or the family typically eats in front of the TV, the goal will be that you will all eat at the dinner table (with the TV off) 4 out of 7 days of the week. Once you have that mastered and it is part of the normal routine, increased the goal to 7 days a week. Small changes make a huge difference.

Continue Learning about Diet & Nutrition

5 Easiest Foods to Grow in Your Garden
5 Easiest Foods to Grow in Your Garden5 Easiest Foods to Grow in Your Garden5 Easiest Foods to Grow in Your Garden5 Easiest Foods to Grow in Your Garden
Try out your green thumb with these easy-to-grow foods. You don’t have to head to the grocery store or farmer’s market for delicious, fresh produce th...
Nuts to Go Nuts For
Nuts to Go Nuts ForNuts to Go Nuts ForNuts to Go Nuts ForNuts to Go Nuts For
Nuts can be part of a healthy diet, and actually help you lose weight. Learn which nuts have the most health benefits and how many to eat. Nuts are th...
Top 5 Best Cities (and the 5 Worst!) for Nutrition
Top 5 Best Cities (and the 5 Worst!) for NutritionTop 5 Best Cities (and the 5 Worst!) for NutritionTop 5 Best Cities (and the 5 Worst!) for NutritionTop 5 Best Cities (and the 5 Worst!) for Nutrition
Find out where people eat a healthy diet and where diets could use a makeover. Which cities have the best diet, and which have the worst? To find out,...
How Can I Eat Healthy at a Mexican Restaurant?