How can I feed my family a healthier diet?

Lyn Turton
Reduce the amount of processed food you use and increase the amount of fresh ingredients in your diet. Cooking at home doesn't have to be complicated but gives you control over the ingredients such as salt, sugar fat & fiber that are in your food and impact our health. A stir fry made with lean meat and chopped vegetables is a quick, healthy meal, for example.
  • Add fruit & vegetables to your meals and snacks (fresh, frozen or tinned) to increase the fiber, vitamins & minerals in your diet.
  • Choose lower fat products such as reduced fat dairy, lean meat (or trim visible fat off meat).
  • Use wholegrain breads, pasta & brown rice in place of white varieties to increase fiber.
  • Get the whole family involved in meal planning & preparation so everyone can learn about healthy eating together.

Continue Learning about Diet & Nutrition

RealAge Rates the Best Breakfasts
RealAge Rates the Best Breakfasts
It's true: breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. A nutritious, well-balanced morning meal not only sustains your energy levels bette...
If I eat unhealthy foods a lot, will I get a disease?
Dan Munford MS CSSD EP-C CSCS CPT RDNDan Munford MS CSSD EP-C CSCS CPT RDN
Without knowing what "unhealthy foods" you're eating and the frequency you're eating them, it's diff...
5 Easy, All-Natural Ways to Alleviate Overactive Bladder (OAB)
5 Easy, All-Natural Ways to Alleviate Overactive Bladder (OAB)5 Easy, All-Natural Ways to Alleviate Overactive Bladder (OAB)5 Easy, All-Natural Ways to Alleviate Overactive Bladder (OAB)5 Easy, All-Natural Ways to Alleviate Overactive Bladder (OAB)
Try out your green thumb with these easy-to-grow foods.
Why Should I Do a Liquid Nutritional Cleanse?