How can I feed my family a healthier diet?

Lyn Turton
Reduce the amount of processed food you use and increase the amount of fresh ingredients in your diet. Cooking at home doesn't have to be complicated but gives you control over the ingredients such as salt, sugar fat & fiber that are in your food and impact our health. A stir fry made with lean meat and chopped vegetables is a quick, healthy meal, for example.
  • Add fruit & vegetables to your meals and snacks (fresh, frozen or tinned) to increase the fiber, vitamins & minerals in your diet.
  • Choose lower fat products such as reduced fat dairy, lean meat (or trim visible fat off meat).
  • Use wholegrain breads, pasta & brown rice in place of white varieties to increase fiber.
  • Get the whole family involved in meal planning & preparation so everyone can learn about healthy eating together.

Continue Learning about Diet & Nutrition