How can I feed my family a healthier diet?

Lyn Turton
Reduce the amount of processed food you use and increase the amount of fresh ingredients in your diet. Cooking at home doesn't have to be complicated but gives you control over the ingredients such as salt, sugar fat & fiber that are in your food and impact our health. A stir fry made with lean meat and chopped vegetables is a quick, healthy meal, for example.
  • Add fruit & vegetables to your meals and snacks (fresh, frozen or tinned) to increase the fiber, vitamins & minerals in your diet.
  • Choose lower fat products such as reduced fat dairy, lean meat (or trim visible fat off meat).
  • Use wholegrain breads, pasta & brown rice in place of white varieties to increase fiber.
  • Get the whole family involved in meal planning & preparation so everyone can learn about healthy eating together.

Continue Learning about Diet & Nutrition

5 Sugar-Free Ways to Make Your Food (and Life) Sweeter
By now, you probably know: Eating too much sugar isn’t good for you.  “Excess sugar intake has been linked to higher risk for various diseases,” says...
Can my diet affect my sleep?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Your diet can indeed affect your sleep; what you eat at night can help you fall asleep by increasing...
8 Simple Ways to Get Sugar Out of Your Life
8 Simple Ways to Get Sugar Out of Your Life8 Simple Ways to Get Sugar Out of Your Life8 Simple Ways to Get Sugar Out of Your Life8 Simple Ways to Get Sugar Out of Your Life
Sugar doesn’t just add on pounds—it’s seriously hazardous to your health. 
Is This the New Greek Yogurt?
Is This the New Greek Yogurt?