Pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain, and papaya has the enzyme papain. In general, these enzymes have anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce the joint pain of osteoarthritis. These foods also contain essential vitamins and minerals, including those with antioxidant properties, which would be important to include in a well-balanced diet to promote joint health.
- Q How much calcium do adults need for good bone health?
- Q Why is drinking cola bad for my bones?
- Q What nutrients help build healthy bones?
- Q What is the effect of vitamin K supplementation on bones?
- Q How can fruits and vegetables help improve bone health?
- Q How much calcium should I take for healthy bones?