Pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain, and papaya has the enzyme papain. In general, these enzymes have anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce the joint pain of osteoarthritis. These foods also contain essential vitamins and minerals, including those with antioxidant properties, which would be important to include in a well-balanced diet to promote joint health.
- Q How can eating prunes help strengthen my bones?
- Q How can antioxidants in my diet improve my joint health?
- Q How can I get enough calcium for healthy bones?
- Q How much calcium do teenagers need for good bone health?
- Q How much calcium do adults need for good bone health?
- Q What should I eat to strengthen my bones?