Pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain, and papaya has the enzyme papain. In general, these enzymes have anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce the joint pain of osteoarthritis. These foods also contain essential vitamins and minerals, including those with antioxidant properties, which would be important to include in a well-balanced diet to promote joint health.
- Q Can calcium alone strengthen bones?
- Q Is soy good for bone health?
- Q How important is it to drink milk for bone strength?
- Q How can my diet affect my risk of losing bone density?
- Q What should my teenager eat and drink for healthy bones?
- Q What is the effect of vitamin K supplementation on bones?