How can eating pineapple and papaya help relieve joint pain?

Pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain, and papaya has the enzyme papain. In general, these enzymes have anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce the joint pain of osteoarthritis. These foods also contain essential vitamins and minerals, including those with antioxidant properties, which would be important to include in a well-balanced diet to promote joint health. 

Continue Learning about Diet - Bones & Joints

How can drinking beer help my bones?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
Beer actually can help build stronger bones! Beer is rich in silicon, an element which is linked to ...
How can my diet affect my risk of losing bone density?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
Excessive sugar intake can increase kidney stone formation, a process which in turn leaches calcium ...
What to Eat for Strong Bones
What to Eat for Strong BonesWhat to Eat for Strong BonesWhat to Eat for Strong BonesWhat to Eat for Strong Bones
Find out which foods keep bones healthy and protect against bone loss.
Try This Calcium-Packed Cuisine
Try This Calcium-Packed Cuisine