Is caffeine harmful for my bones?

Caffeine increases calcium loss in the urine but only some studies have found a higher risk of fracture in people who consume a large amount (at least three cups of coffee) per day. The effect of caffeine on calcium balance is only pertinent or potentially harmful in those with very low calcium intake.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH," A TRUSTWORTHY, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO HELP EVERY WOMAN NAVIGATE THE MENOPAUSE TRANSITION For decades, millions of women have relied on Our...

Continue Learning about Diet - Bones & Joints

Why is drinking cola bad for my bones?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
Diet, regular and decaffeinated colas contain phosphoric acid, which studies indicate inhibits calci...
What should my teenager eat and drink for healthy bones?
The teenage years are a prime time to build up strong bones. Most people reach peak bone mass (the p...
What to Eat for Strong Bones
What to Eat for Strong BonesWhat to Eat for Strong BonesWhat to Eat for Strong BonesWhat to Eat for Strong Bones
Find out which foods keep bones healthy and protect against bone loss.
Try This Calcium-Packed Cuisine
Try This Calcium-Packed Cuisine