How can antioxidants in my diet improve my joint health?

Antioxidants help prevent free-radical formation, which can cause cartilage damage and inflammation. So a diet containing a variety of fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants, such as vitamin C, alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E), beta-carotene and other carotenoids and phytochemicals, will help prevent joint damage and pain. Vitamin C is also essential for the formation of cross-linked collagen, which is a protein found in cartilage.

Continue Learning about Diet - Bones & Joints

Is soy good for bone health?
Harris H. McIlwain, MDHarris H. McIlwain, MD
Some comprehensive studies show that adding one serving a day of soybeans (or soy byproduct) may act...
What should my teenager eat and drink for healthy bones?
The teenage years are a prime time to build up strong bones. Most people reach peak bone mass (the p...
What to Eat for Strong Bones
What to Eat for Strong BonesWhat to Eat for Strong BonesWhat to Eat for Strong BonesWhat to Eat for Strong Bones
Find out which foods keep bones healthy and protect against bone loss.
Try This Calcium-Packed Cuisine
Try This Calcium-Packed Cuisine