Why are nuts and seeds good for the brain?

Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Geriatric Medicine
Nuts and seeds are wonder foods for your brain. Packed with protein and essential fatty acids, nuts and seeds are also chockfull of the amino arginine, which stimulates the pituitary gland at the base of the brain to release growth hormone, a substance that declines quickly after age 35; this is a real anti-aging bonus for your brain!

Continue Learning about Diet & Nervous System

What type of fish should I eat to keep my mind sharp?
AARPAARP
For a sharp mind, go wild with fish. While fish is generally good for you, the metals that accumulat...
How can I use walnut oil to help keep my brain healthy?
AARPAARP
Replace the olive oil in your favorite vinaigrette with walnut oil. Walnut oil, which is chock-full ...
Dr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain Health
Dr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain HealthDr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain HealthDr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain HealthDr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain Health
These recipes deliver brain-healthy nutrients to keep your mind sharp.
What Foods Can Help Boost My Memory?
What Foods Can Help Boost My Memory?