What is the role of red wine in keeping my brain healthy?

Up to two glasses of red wine per day for women and up to three for men weekly delivers the powerful antioxidant resveratrol, which may prevent free radicals from damaging brain cells. But beware: Drinking more than that could drop levels of thiamine, a brain-boosting nutrient.

Continue Learning about Diet & Nervous System

What is good brain food?
Dr. David Perlmutter, MDDr. David Perlmutter, MD
Believe it or not, the foods that are best for your brain health and immune system contain...fat! In...
How can walnuts keep my brain healthy?
AARPAARP
If you love the crunch of croutons on your salad, try walnuts instead. Omega-3 fatty acids in walnut...
Dr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain Health
Dr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain HealthDr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain HealthDr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain HealthDr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain Health
These recipes deliver brain-healthy nutrients to keep your mind sharp.
How Can We Use Food to Prevent Alzehimer's Disease?
How Can We Use Food to  Prevent Alzehimer's Disease?