Can fasting help keep my mind sharp?

Research shows that people who fast one day a week or month unlock a unique form of blood glucose that helps the brain more efficiently transmit information. Then break your fast with brain-healthy blueberries, walnuts and maybe a glass of red wine.

Continue Learning about Diet & Nervous System

What is the role of red wine in keeping my brain healthy?
AARPAARP
Up to two glasses of red wine per day for women and up to three for men weekly delivers the powerful...
What foods are good for brain health?
Academy of Nutrition and DieteticsAcademy of Nutrition and Dietetics
As with many parts of your body, your brain is subject to inflammation and oxidation, both of wh...
Dr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain Health
Dr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain HealthDr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain HealthDr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain HealthDr. Amen’s Top Recipes for Better Brain Health
These recipes deliver brain-healthy nutrients to keep your mind sharp.
How Can We Use Food to Prevent Alzehimer's Disease?
How Can We Use Food to  Prevent Alzehimer's Disease?