Would a probiotic treat chronic loose stools and diarrhea?

Some diarrhea is a result of loss of naturally occurring bacteria in the bowel.  The probiotics can help to restore these natural bacteria in the bowel and to make the bowel healthy again.  This might make the diarrhea go away.  Sometimes diarrhea starts after taking antibiotics.  Probiotics can help with this kind of diarrhea too, because they help to bring back the natural bacteria that were killed by the antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Diarrhea

Coping with Traveler’s Diarrhea
Coping with Traveler’s Diarrhea
In 1984 Parker Bros. launched an Atari game that offered a new set of thrills: It was a treasure-hunting, puzzle-solving adventure called Montezuma's ...
What is chronic diarrhea?
Patsy CatsosPatsy Catsos
Chronic diarrhea is frequent, loose, watery stools lasting at least four weeks. Diarrhea that lasts ...
Can I treat my diarrhea or excess gas symptoms with natural supplements?
Many natural supplements are available for treating diarrhea and gas symptoms. But in some cases of ...
How Does Ulcerative Colitis Affect My Body?