How can I prevent diarrhea when I am traveling?

Traveler’s diarrhea is a common medical complaint, resulting from the ingestion of harmful bacteria in food or water. The risk of contracting it may be reduced by consuming only cooked foods, peeled fruits and carbonated beverages.

Continue Learning about Diarrhea

Coping with Traveler’s Diarrhea
Coping with Traveler’s Diarrhea
In 1984 Parker Bros. launched an Atari game that offered a new set of thrills: It was a treasure-hunting, puzzle-solving adventure called Montezuma's ...
What is diarrhea?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Diarrhea is frequent, loose and runny stool. Diarrhea is common and can be caused by a variety of th...
When should I call my doctor if I have diarrhea?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Call or go to the doctor or clinic for: Diarrhea lasting 7 days or more in adults or children; dia...
What Work Is Being Done to Fight Diarrhea in the Developing World?