What happens if I miss a dose of my antidiarrheal?

If you miss a dose of your antidiarrheal, you should try to take the next dose as soon as possible. If it is already time for your next dose, you should skip the initial dose altogether. You should never take a double dose of your antidiarrheal medication.

Continue Learning about Diarrhea

Coping with Traveler’s Diarrhea
Coping with Traveler’s Diarrhea
In 1984 Parker Bros. launched an Atari game that offered a new set of thrills: It was a treasure-hunting, puzzle-solving adventure called Montezuma's ...
What is secretory diarrhea?
Lawrence S. Friedman, MDLawrence S. Friedman, MD
There are forms of chronic diarrhea that have nothing to do with food but are the result of fluids s...
Is diarrhea dangerous?
Deborah Raines, MSNDeborah Raines, MSN
The biggest danger from diarrhea is dehydration. With diarrhea there is an increased loss of water a...
How Does Ulcerative Colitis Affect My Body?