What happens if I miss a dose of my antidiarrheal?

If you miss a dose of your antidiarrheal, you should try to take the next dose as soon as possible. If it is already time for your next dose, you should skip the initial dose altogether. You should never take a double dose of your antidiarrheal medication.

Continue Learning about Diarrhea

Diarrhea

Diarrhea

Diarrhea is defined by having loose stools at least three times a day, sometimes accompanied by stomach pain and other symptoms. This disorder can lead to dehydration and other problems. For quick relief of diarrhea, over the coun...

ter medications can be helpful. If your symptoms persist for more than three days, or you have signs of dehydration, seek medical attention. Learn more about diarrhea from our experts.