Certain foods may serve as natural remedies for diarrhea. Foods that are low in fiber can reduce diarrhea incidents. Some doctors also recommend eating foods rich in probiotics to help treat diarrhea. Probiotics are especially helpful in the treatment of diarrhea in children. Probiotic foods include: yogurt, cheese, miso and tempeh.
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have diarrhea?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of my antidiarrheal?
- Q What is traveler's diarrhea?
- Q What foods may trigger diarrhea in irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?
- Q What is chronic functional diarrhea?
- Q What is chronic diarrhea?