Are there any natural antidiarrheals?

Certain foods may serve as natural remedies for diarrhea. Foods that are low in fiber can reduce diarrhea incidents. Some doctors also recommend eating foods rich in probiotics to help treat diarrhea. Probiotics are especially helpful in the treatment of diarrhea in children. Probiotic foods include: yogurt, cheese, miso and tempeh.

Continue Learning about Diarrhea

Coping with Traveler’s Diarrhea
Coping with Traveler’s Diarrhea
In 1984 Parker Bros. launched an Atari game that offered a new set of thrills: It was a treasure-hunting, puzzle-solving adventure called Montezuma's ...
When should I call my doctor if I have diarrhea?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Call or go to the doctor or clinic for: Diarrhea lasting 7 days or more in adults or children; dia...
What is traveler's diarrhea?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
This can be caused by a number of things. When you travel abroad there are different bacteria in the...
Are There Side Effects to Having a Gallbladder Removed?