Certain foods may serve as natural remedies for diarrhea. Foods that are low in fiber can reduce diarrhea incidents. Some doctors also recommend eating foods rich in probiotics to help treat diarrhea. Probiotics are especially helpful in the treatment of diarrhea in children. Probiotic foods include: yogurt, cheese, miso and tempeh.
- Q What is secretory diarrhea?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of my antidiarrheal?
- Q When should I see a doctor about diarrhea and bloating?
- Q What foods may trigger diarrhea in irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?
- Q What is chronic diarrhea?
- Q What are some brand name antidiarrheal medications?